Cazin: The Second Version Of The Casino
The second casino building was inaugurated in 1893 , but it was also built of wood like its previous version. This time it had only a terrace to the sea and dance and game rooms. The building belonged to different wealthy people and businessmen until in 1902 the mayor and administration of Constanta decided to rent the casino to Captain ConstantinCreanga.
It was in 1903 that the local nobility decided that the city needed a larger and more modern casino that could be compared to the casinos on the French Riviera. The project to build the casino for the third time was approved and awarded to the architect Daniel Renard who had a proper education at the École des Beaux-Arts in Paris.
The architect of French descent had already designed other great modern buildings and was passionate about the Art Nouveau style. Liberal politicians in Constanta who liked Renard’s nonconformist style gave their approval and construction began in 1903 . However, politicians who relied on the young architect were soon replaced and those who took up his posts opposed the project.
Renard was replaced by PetreAntonescu who changed the initial design by adding a second base to the structure of the new building to create a neo-Romanian style. As early as 1907, Renard returned again and followed his initial plan of creating a building in the Art Nouveau style. Finally, in 1910 the Constanta casino was opened in the presence of King Ferdinand himself and was the largest casino of its kind in Romania.
Once built and in its most luxurious and prosperous days, the casino featured a spacious hall at the entrance, stately interior staircases, several gambling online 4d result rooms, a snooker room, a ballroom, and an exhibition room . On the entrance floor was the reading room where you could read the press, a buffet with its own kitchen and the wardrobe. It was all luxury and glamor of the highest level!
The Casino Of Constanta: The Golden Age
Very soon, just a year after its inauguration, the casino became one of the most famous venues of its kind, which was respected for its architectural style and for its location on the seafront that made it unique and special. Little by little more board games were added because their fame attracted more and more new players from all over Romania and abroad.
The interior of the casino was all luxury and refined taste that exuded from the exquisite furnishings and incredible chandeliers.
Many rich and noble people came to Constanta to enjoy gd lotto its famous casino . Many of them lost enormous fortunes and then committed suicide in their hotel rooms built especially for casino visitors or jumped desperately into the sea to be carried away by the waves.
The two world wars changed the destiny of the casino. In 1916 the Red Cross used the gambling halls to turn them into a hospital and as the casino was near the bombed port it also became a target for the Germans. It reopened as a casino in 1917 and was being restored for more than ten years, until 1928. The architect Renard was assigned the task of restoring the casino again between 1934 and 1937.
During the Second World War it became the main accommodation for German soldiers and was bombed again several times. After the war the casino suffered more damage than during the previous war and had to be rebuilt again from its foundations. The restoration lasted until 1952. In communist times it was converted into a House of Culture and in 1956 it was declared part of the national heritage.
Since then the casino was last repaired in 1988 and as is to be expected today this beautiful building is abandoned and in ruins.